Iridium Internship Program
The Iridium Internship Program is an opportunity for students to be a part of the Iridium teams shaping the future of satellite communications. As an Intern, you’ll begin making an impact on real projects from day one! Come prepared to grow, develop, and learn alongside a team and the leaders of our company. The Iridium Internship program is a 12-week program that runs from May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023. During the program, interns will have the opportunity to provide valuable support to an Iridium department on a project or important work assignment. Interns will also be provided an opportunity to engage with senior leadership and fellow interns via regular engagement activities. Interns will participate in an end of internship presentation, where we ask them to reflect on their summer internships and present a summary of what they have learned and accomplished.
What We’re Looking For:
Iridium is seeking a stand-out engineering student to contribute to the research, development, testing, and sustaining of the Iridium mobile products. As a member of the team you will thrive in this position if you have familiarity and passion for electrical, software, and/or systems engineering. The Product Engineering team aims to tailor the program to your interests and strengths.
What You’ll Do:
- Circuit design and/or circuit evaluation, capture schematics, layout PCB’s, populate PCB’s
- Define system interfaces, create requirements, draft test plans, capture traceability
- Present designs for formal review and discussion
- Participate in hardware, software, and/or system design reviews for ongoing projects
- Perform acceptance reviews of work conducted by subcontractors
- Review test reports to validate issue closure
Skills You’ll Obtain:
- Real-world experience in chosen field of interest and related topics through multiple hands-on projects
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Working in and contributing to a team environment
- Organization and time management
- Participation in advanced-level design, implementation, and test discussions
- Exposure to practical project management techniques and practices
- Broadening of knowledge base through weekly technical and business topic seminars
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Things You Must Bring to the Table:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelors or graduate degree program at an accredited academic institution (Engineering, Computer Science or related degree)
- Must be eligible to work in person
Iridium requires all employees/new hires, including Interns, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Iridium is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.